It’s finally here after much wait. We, the board of 2017-2018 THHS MUN, are beyond excited to pass on our legacy to a board capable of doing what we did better, making this club stronger, and creating a name for THHS MUN across the county, state, and country. Okay, so maybe the smaller stuff, but the latter would also be nice.
Thank you for allowing us to be your board this year. You trusted in us and now we are giving our trust to you. Please fill out and return these applications with all necessary items by June 6th to Room 503 (Mrs. Brothwell’s Room). Please text us with any questions you may have! Interview times and day(s) will be posted soon.
May the odds be ever in your favor.
Here is our matrix of positions for Mission’s MUN Conference! Please let us know by Sunday night if you will be able to fill a position for Mission’s Conference. Some quick reminders: January 13th and 14th are the conference dates, one day for a novice delegate but both for advanced delegates. Since position papers are due on December 22nd, 2017, please make sure that if you are reserving a spot, you will be able to attend and pay.
If you have any questions, let us know! Signing off for now, but enjoy your weekend and stay posted for more news about this week’s meeting time and date.
Hello delegates! I hope you are all enjoying your spring break and living life to the fullest (even if that means sleeping away life to the fullest). Seeing as we didn’t have any meetings after IIMUN, I’ll be using this update to send out some crucial information about upcoming meetings and events.
If you have been monitoring the reminds, most of this information is not exactly new, BUT it is still important…
- Due to issues with advisor availability, we will be conducting secretariat interviews after spring break. The interviews will be spread out over two Fridays and interview times will fall between 3:30 and 5:30. The spreadsheet with confirmed dates and times will be posted soon. Signing up is based on a first-come, first-serve policy and will be available for access from the website.
- Whitney MUN has been delayed by a week. This also affects position paper deadlines so keep posted for more information.
- On the topic of more info, our next meeting will be April 21st, the Friday we get back from break. We will be discussing in further detail everything mentioned above and conducting a more formal IIMUN VII debrief.
For all our lucky hopefuls, good luck on draft day! Enjoy your spring break and we’ll see you soon. For now, ciao.
Good evening delegates, it is Varsha, your Co-Secretary General! I hope you all have been having a wonderful week so far. Here are our top five reminders for the week that we highly encourage you to consider:
- Pay the $10 donations on the student store! We need all the support we can get in order to provide the best possible experience for everyone in MUN.
- Check out the student store tonight to pay for Capo positions. CVHS MUN is an intermediate conference and all delegates pay $30 to attend; this covers the cost for you as an individual, the school fee, and lunch. Remember that positions are first paid, first served.
- Remember to work on Tustin MUN position papers. They are due on November 4th at 11:59 pm. If you do not submit a position paper, you will be ineligible for BOTH Outstanding AND Best Delegate!
- If you are new to MUN, don’t forget to review the MUN 101 presentations located under the Delegate Information tab.
- Come to our Friday meeting tomorrow at 3:3o pm in Mrs. Brothwell’s room! We are super excited to see you there!!!
With IIMUN VI on Saturday of this week, it is important to brush up on some important rules and reminders. First, all position papers must be graded and finalized by Friday @ 3:30 pm. Our secretariat, including myself, will be checking with each committee @ RSM Intermediate and personally checking you off. Remember, if your position papers have not been graded, and no notification has been made explaining the emergency situation in which you are unable to complete the task, consequences will be handed out. This a very serious deadline. We would also greatly appreciate it if you could have research awardees finalized.
Please remember that you can only be on the RSM Intermediate campus after 3:30. We will be outside to direct you to the rooms in case you are unfamiliar with the campus and we WILL be taking attendance. Dais members, please bring laptops, chargers, and gavels if you have them. Final adjustments, tips, preparations, etc. will be made on Friday as well.
Congratulations to everyone working towards making this event possible. On behalf of the entire secretariat, thank you to everyone who has turned in a parent letter and we are so excited to see you all on Friday!
Here are the important deadlines for the Rotary Club Contest:
3/21/2016- Outline of Speech due by 1:00 p.m. (Hard copy preferable; turned into Mr. Spangler in Room 536)
3/25/2016-Written Speech due; these will not be edited till after the tournament…
4/8/2016-Speech Memorized and ready to present
TBD-Trabuco Hills Rotary Club Tournament
Remember, once the final four are decided Mr. Spangler will help edit and work on both speech content and delivery. Good luck delegates and we are excited to see how you interpret this year’s theme, “Be a Gift to the World”!
Hello delegates! Mr. Spangler has recently gotten back to me on some important updates about the speech competition held by the Rotary Club. THIS Thursday at lunch there will be an informational meeting held in room 536, Mr. Spangler’s classroom. The theme for this year’s competition is “Be a Gift to the World.” The competition will be held in April and there will also be a preliminary competition for all those interested in representing our school in the contest. There are limited spots, but let’s show what Trabuco Hills High School MUN can do! Hope to see you all on Thursday.